Thursday 29 April 2010

First pictures of a new 'celt/gallic' army in 1/72 for Warhammer Ancient Battles.

I've wanted to one of these for a while and had some Revell Celts lurking about in my attic. Some new figures due to hit the market prompted me to start, though I'm not trying too hard at the moment.

So when I though about the army, like I do with any army I often start with the general. In this case Boudicca, there'll be a normal general - and I might muck about with that as well but at the moment I'm working on Bou.

I wanted a bit of this:-
Photobucket

And a bit of this:-
Photobucket

So I needed some Hat Celts and they do a queen - I tweaked the figure a bit with some greenstuff - epoxy putty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm adding some dogs to the queen's chariot base - these I got from Gripping Beast and really they're for 28mm figures but they make great 'heroic' wolf/war hounds.
These two are part of the warhound pack with suitably energetic and nekkid handler.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers